QR Code( Quick Response code ) is a two dimensional bar code created in the last decade in the last century by Denso-Wave corporation, it has much larger capacity than conventional barcodes, and is used in various fields more and more widely.
In the past few years, QR codes have gained immense popularity due to their convenience and simplicity in transferring information and making secure payments. They serve a multitude of purposes, such as accepting donations, and can be printed on various products, making them a versatile tool for businesses and individuals alike.
Bytescout BarCode Generator is a free and simple barcode generating software.
Bytescout BarCode Generator supports the following 1D and 2D barcode types: QRCode, Code128, Code39, Postnet, UPCA, EAN8, ISBN, Codebar, I20of5, Code93, EAN13, JAN13, Bookland, UPCE, PDF417, PDF417 Truncated, DataMatrix, Aztec, Planet, EAN128, GS1_128, USPS Sack Label, USPS Tray Label, Deutsche Post Ident code, Deutsche Post Leit code, Numly, PZN, Optical Product, Swiss Post Parcel, Royal Mail, DutchKix, Singapore Postal Code, EAN2, EAN5, Macro PDF417, Micro PDF417.
For each barcode, it will show you the specification of it( how many digits and characters, etc. ), once generated, you can save the picture to an image file in png, gif, tiff, jpg, jpeg, bmp or gif format.
Bytescout BarCode Generator is compatible with most mainstream Windows platforms such as Windows 7 and Windows XP, etc.
Bytescout BarCode Generator is a 418KB download available from Softpedia and the developer’s website.
Qrencode-win32 is a small and simple utility designed to help you to generate QR code with the utmost ease.
Using Qrencode-win32 is simple, it allows you to set the pixel size, margin size as well as error level( L, M, Q, H ), once you’ve inputted the text string, just hit the “Generate” button, Qrencode-win32 will then do its magic and present the final image in a new window, you can save it to a png format file if you want, during all our tests it worked well.
Qrencode-win32 works on most popular Windows platforms like Windows 7, Windows XP, etc, its source code is written in C language.
Qrencode-win32 is a 414KB download available from code.Google.com.
ThoughtWorks QRCode .NET Library is an open source .NET component developed by twit88, it makes encoding and decoding QR Code a dead-simple operation, it’s written in c# and can be used in any .NET 2.0 Windows program.
To use this program, just download and extract the compressed archive, then run this program: QRCode\QRCodeSampleApp\bin\Release\QRCodeSample.exe.
- Allows to generate a QR code image from an arbitrary text string.
- Supports three encoding types: Byte, AlphaNumeric, Numeric.
- Supports four correction level: L, M, Q, R.
- Supports up to 40 versions.
- Allows to specify the image size.
- 4 import/export formats supported: jpg, png, bmp, gif.
- Allows to decode the text from a QR code image.
ThoughtWorks QRCode .NET Library works on Windows 7 and Windows XP.
ThoughtWorks QRCode .NET Library is a 2.34MB download available from CodeProject.com.
Zint Barcode Studio is a free utility developed by Robin Stuart, it allows to generate over 50 kinds of symbologies including QR Code, Code 128, International Standard Book Number( ISBN ), etc.
- Easy to install and use.
- Supported symbologies include: Australia Post Redirect Code, Australia Post Reply-Paid, Australia Post Routing Code, Australia Post Standard Customer, Aztec Code( ISO 24778 ), Aztec Runes, Channel Code, Codabar, Code 11, Code 128( ISO 15417 ), Code 16k, Code 2 of 5 Data Logic, Code 2 of 5 IATA, Code 2 of 5 Industrial, Code 2 of 5 Interleaved, Code 2 of 5 Matrix, Code 32( Italian Pharmacode ), Code 39( ISO 16388 ), Code 39 Extended, Code 49, Code 93, Code One, Databar, Databar Expanded, Databar Expanded Stacked, Databar Limited, Databar Stacked, Databar Stacked Omnidirectional, Data Matrix( ISO 16022 ), Deutsche Post Identcode, Deutsche Post Leitcode, Dutch Post KIX, EAN-14, European Article Number( EAN ), Facing Identification Mark( FIM ), Flattermarken, Grid Matrix, ITF-14, International Standard Book Number( ISBN ), Japanese Postal Barcode, Korean Postal Barcode, LOGMARS, Maxicode( ISO 16023 ), MicroPDF417( ISO 24728 ), Micro QR Code, MSI Plessey, NVE-18, PDF417( ISO 15438 ), Pharmacode, Pharmacode 2-track, Pharma Zentralnummer( PZN ), PLANET, Pstnet, QR Code( ISO 18004 ), Royal Mail 4-state Barcode, Telepen, Telepen Numeric, UK Plessey, Universal Product Code( UPC-A ), Universal Product Code( UPC-E ), USPS Intelligent Mail.
- Supported export image formats: PNG( portable network graphic ), EPS( encapsulated post script ), SVG( scalable vector graphic ).
- Allows to tweak other parameters according the symbology type, including data encoding mode( standard mode, GS-1 data mode, HIBC QR code ), etc.
- Allows to alter height, border width, whitespace, printing scale, border type( no border, bind, box ), foreground color, background colour of the image output.
Zint Barcode Generator works on Windows( 32-bit & 64 bit ), Mac OS X and Linux/BSD including Windows 7 and Windows XP.
Zint Barcode Generator is a 2.83MB download available from SourceForge.net
This open source QR code generator allows to generate QR codes on server and client, it supports generating PNG and SVG images from input text. It support for cyrillic, greek and japanese characters, and support for multibyte characters (like emojis smile). You can download it from Github: https://github.com/soldair/node-qrcode .